Orange UK APN and Network Settings
Orange was the third major UK network to release an Android phone under the guise of the awesome HTC Hero- but for those of you who are bringing your other phone across the network here are the steps you need to get it working.
Here are some simple instructions which you just need to go through step by step and you will be working 100% on Orange UK.
The following settings have been tested using an Orange pay monthly Tariff. I hope to add other details in the future- if you need any settings specifically or they don’t work- please let me know in a comment below!
Before you Start
If you are transferring over from another network make sure to request your PAC migration code to allow you to port your number across. If you are connecting to Orange then you need to make some changes to get it working.
To get your Unlocked Tmobile G1, HTC Magic to work on o2. ( Not sure how to unlock? Read my post on how to unlock your Android Phone)
Change the following settings
- For me this worked as soon as I dialled 1 from the dialer to access my voicemail.
- If it didn’t for you then you need to Press Menu and click settings
- Press Call Settings->Voicemail
- Set the Voicemail number to be +447973100123
(in my experience you may need to do this a few times so save Orange Voicemail as a contact to speed this up!)
Cool that’s Orange voicemail working!
Android APN and Data Settings for Orange UK
- I have put the settings below however if you find that they are not working , then just dial 156 to get to the support team for settings-(and let me know via comment so I can update this post)
- Go to settings -> wireless controls
- Go to Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names
- Make sure you select and delete each APN on the list.
- Click Menu and select New APN
- Use the following settings:
- Name = Orange Internet
- APN = orangeinternet (case sensitive)
- APN Type: default
- Ignore everything else and leave it as <Not set>
- Then press menu and save and then turn off the phone and restart and you are done!
- Market should be working, email working and your browser is now working!
To activate your MMS:
I spoke to Orange and they recommended the following settings, which didn’t seem to work for me, however it may be because my work administrator has blocked MMS.
Here are the settings recommended by Orange:
- finding the settings:
- tap on all programs
- tap on settings
- tap on wireless controls
- tap on mobile network settings
- tap on access point names
- tap the menu key
- tap on new APN
- enter the following information
MMS data settings:
- Name = Orange MMS
- APN = orangemms
- Proxy = 192.168.224.010
- Port = 8080
- Username = Orange
- Password = Multimedia
- Server = Leave blank
- MMSC = http://mms.orange.co.uk
- MMS proxy = 192.168.224.010
- MMS port = 8080
- MMS protocol = WAP 2.0
- MCC = 234
- MNC = 33
- APN type = mms
Hopefully you are all working. Let me know!