Google Maps Navigation for UK launches
This morning those of you who were as lost as I was- will have noticed something very cool. Google have finally activated Google Maps Navigation (beta*!) for Android UK users. I have checked it out and it is working great on the Motorola Milestone and HTC Desire.
As of now the Google maps navigation page still lists it as being USA only-hopefully this is not a glitch and Google will keep the service active for the UK.
Its great to see this in the UK Android users finally will have a feature far superior to the Ovi Maps Navigation by Nokia and will have a clear advantage over those Iphone Users.
For those who don’t know about Google Maps Navigation-
Here are the features that mean that set it apart from other navigation apps on any platform
- Search in plain EnglishNo need to know the address. You can type a business name or even a kind of a business, just like you would on Google.Watch video
- Search by voiceSpeak your destination instead of typing (English only): “Navigate to the de Young Museum in San Francisco”.Watch video
- Traffic viewAn indicator glows green, yellow, or red based on the current traffic along your route. Touch it to see traffic ahead of you.Watch video
- Search along routeSearch for any kind of business along your route, or turn on popular layers such as gas stations, restaurants, or parking.Watch video
- Satellite viewView your route overlaid on 3D satellite views with Google’s high-resolution aerial imagery.Watch video
- Street ViewVisualize turns with Street View imagery. Navigation automatically switches to Street View as you approach your destination.Watch video
- Car dock modeCar dock mode makes it easy to use your device at arm’s length (Android 2.0 devices or higher).Watch video
Try it out and let me know if its working for your handset
No related posts.